© 2023 Vial. All rights reserved
Other termsSee the full list
Web Response System (WRS)
Web response system (WRS) is a type of web-based randomization and trial supply management (RTSM) technology, an automated, customizable tool used to manage clinical trials.
How can WRS be used for clinical trial management?
WRS can be used for several parts of the clinical trial, including:
- Patient enrollment.
- Altering the trial design.
- Supply chain management.
- Dosing or drug dispensation
What are the benefits of WRS?
- Real-time enrollment that can occur outside of office hours, making it more convenient for volunteers.
- Reduction in risk of bias.
- Waste reduction through supply management.
- Increases efficiency in data capture and allows for the recruitment of larger cohorts.
- Customizability allows for the creation of adaptive clinical trial design.
- Makes the globalization of clinical trials easier.
Source: Ruikar V. (2016). Interactive Voice/Web Response System in clinical
research. Perspectives in clinical research, 7(1), 15–20. https://doi.org/10.4103/2229-3485.173781