- Blood-Brain Barrier (BBB)
- Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion (BRVO)
- Cancer Vaccines
- CAR T-Cell Therapy
- Case Report Form (CRF)
- Celiac Disease
- Cell and Gene Therapies
What Are Biomarker-Driven Therapies? Biomarker-driven therapies are treatments that fall under the umbrella of precision medicine, targeted to specific biomarkers associated with a particular disease or condition.
What Are Examples of Biomarker-Driven Therapies?
- Targeted therapies for cancer that are based on specific genetic mutations
- Personalized medicine that is tailored to an individual’s genetic makeup
- Immunotherapies that target specific immune system biomarkers
Advantages of Biomarker-Driven Therapies
- Increased efficacy of treatment
- Reduced toxicity through the targeting of specific molecules
- Improved patient outcomes
Source: National Cancer Institute. Biomarkers: Introduction.