Barriers and Best Practices for Patient Recruitment in Oncology
Clinical trials are the foundation for advancing therapies to improve the lives of patients suffering from a disease or disorder. In order to earn approval for a new treatment, a study must successfully demonstrate its safety and efficacy in qualifying patients. Therefore, collecting such data requires the voluntary participation of many patients. Recruiting a sufficient amount of patients has long since been a monumental task for sponsors of clinical studies. However, implementing several strategies and embodying a patient-centric approach can mitigate the difficulties to recruitment.
This white paper will cover:
- Challenges and best practices for patient recruitment in oncology
- The impact of study types on patient recruitment
- Diversity in oncology clinical trials
- Advancements in oncology trials patient recruitment
- Best patient retention practices